37 best phrases to talk to Alexa
Alexa's desired virtual assistant has finally arrived in Brazil. Extremely popular in the United States, Alexa competes directly with Apple's Siri. Like the rival, there is no shortage of phrases to talk to Alexa.
What are these phrases? Like the rival – with its own collection of responses to Siri's most diverse phrases – there is no shortage of ways to interact with Amazon's virtual assistant.
If you subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video service, your range of possibilities increases. But you will see this in the list below.
Check below which are the best phrases to talk to Alexa!
Phrases to talk to Alexa – Who is it?
In this category of phrases, you can ask Alexa for information about public people, especially those of great repute. See some suggestions below to understand what kind of people you can look for with the virtual assistant.
- Alexa, who is Freddie Mercury?
- Alexa, who is Albert Einstein?
- Alexa, who is Bill Gates?
- Alexa, who is Jeff Bezos?
- Alexa, who is Ayrton Senna?
This category is almost unlimited, since Alexa searches on engines like Google or Bing to find and tell you the answer.
Which phrases to use to give commands?
Some phrases to talk to Alexa are simply commands. As it is the most useful function of the device, we will put some commands that you can give to the virtual assistant.
In order to make all commands clear, we will explain phrases that are not self-explanatory.
- Alexa, start Som da Chuva – ask the device to play some of the calming sounds in your collection. It is also possible to ask for other similar sounds.
- Alexa, what is the weather forecast in Rio de Janeiro? – we use the city of Rio as a mere example. Alexa is able to discover and reveal the weather forecast in the city where you live or where you want to go.
- Alexa, what's the news? – when giving the order to the device, it will present a summary of news found on about 100 websites, newspapers and magazines online in its searches.
- Alexa, plays romantic songs – fits any other musical genre.
- Alexa, where are my orders? – allows you to receive an update on online purchases made on Amazon.
- Alexa, do drop in in the kitchen – the function allows you to transfer and continue a conversation from one room to another.
- Alexa, wake me up with animated music – use the command to set up a routine in which Alexa's alarm clock will use animated music to wake you up.
- Alexa, what day of the month is it today?
- Alexa, show me my Facebook photos.
- Alexa, how is my schedule for today?
- Alexa, put bananas on my shopping list – banana is just one example, but it can include any product on the market.
- Alexa, watching kitten videos on YouTube – again an example, but you can select any theme. It is worth mentioning that this is one of the phrases to speak on Alexa exclusive to Amazon Echo Show devices.
- Alexa, create a new playlist – the playlist is assembled according to your musical tastes on Amazon Music.
- Alexa, how's the price of oil? – can be used to find out prices for other financial products.
- Alexa, send a message
- Alexa, prepare the party! – creates a routine in which songs chosen by you will be played at the party.
- Alexa, put “write article for AppTuts” in the task list
- Alexa, remind me to go to the supermarket
- Alexa, remind me to go to the supermarket on 05/19 at 13:00
- Alexa, create a playlist on Amazon Music.
Funny jokes, questions and phrases on Alexa
Above, we show some of the possible commands to give Alexa. But it's not just reminders, to-do lists, and productivity that the virtual assistant lives.
Like Siri, Alexa also has hilarious answers according to what you ask. To see some ways to have fun with phrases to speak on Alexa, check out below!
- Alexa, open The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – yes, the PC game best known for being released on almost all platforms is also available on Alexa. We're not kidding.
- Alexa, how to have fun at home? – the app gives suggestions for activities and games, ideal for those who are quarantined with the little ones.
- Alexa, luck or setback? – Another interesting game from Alexa, who can play with the family in quarantine.
- Alexa, tell a curiosity about Elon Musk – different from “who is it?”, Here Alexa will tell you just a curious fact about the personality you choose.
- Alexa, tell a joke – you can ask several times, there is no shortage of jokes between phrases to talk to Alexa.
- Alexa, Star Wars or Star Trek? – be careful not to be hurt by Alexa's response to the controversial dispute between science fiction films.
- Alexa, open a comedy series – one of the series on the Amazon Prime Video will open on your Smart TV.
- Alexa, sing a love song – she won't open a romantic playlist. Alexa also has singing skills, as you will discover!
- Alexa, why is May 1st a holiday? – discover curiosities about national and universal holidays.
- Alexa, good morning!
- Alexa, tell an Easter joke? – She can also tell themed jokes!
- Alexa, to be or not to be? – Ready for a philosophy class taught by artificial intelligence?
How are you enjoying Alexa?
Available for Echo devices, Alexa is useful to manage your life and easily access your smart devices, that is, which can connect to your Wi-Fi network?
How are you enjoying Alexa? What functionality does she use most? Which of the phrases to talk to Alexa speak with most often?
Comment with us!