Does your Windows license expire any time soon? Know what to do
An error caused when upgrading from Windows 8 or 8.1 to Windows 10 may cause the message Your Windows license expires soon show up. The message does not make any sense, since the update is free and permanent.
Unless you have downloaded a pirated version, there is not much to do.
If this is not your case and you do not understand why the message is appearing, let's show below what to do to resolve this issue. Even if it is wrong, ideally you should apply one of the methods as quickly as possible.
After the expiration date that the error in the Windows license has adopted, your computer will restart every two hours, until it does the "activation." One of the reasons for the bug is that it understands your Windows 10 as a new license, rather than the same license as your old Windows 8 or 8.1.
Fortunately, there are different ways of dealing with the annoying message. Regardless of your level of familiarity with the Microsoft system, you should at least be able to perform one of the methods that we will describe throughout the article. If it is possible to flip the PC screen easily, why not an insistent message?
Tip: need to install software, but is Windows disrupting? So check out this complete tutorial on how to disable Windows Defender!
So stay with us and check out what to do when the message "Your Windows license expires soon" appears!
Restart Windows Explorer
Strange as it may be, one of the possible reasons for the constant sending of messages may come from a Windows Explorer bug. Fortunately, restarting the program to scan files on your PC is almost as easy as formatting a memory card. See below:
1. Right-click on the Windows taskbar;
2. Choose the option Task Manager;
3. Click the Processes;
4. Scroll down to find the Windows Explorer. Right click on it and select the option Finish task;
5. Go to Archive and click Perform new task;
6. type it explorer.exe and click OK;
7. On the keyboard, press the key combination Windows + X. The Windows key is to the left of the button. Alt on conventional keyboards. click in Windows Powershell (Admin);
8. At the command prompt – or any of its alternatives – enter slmgr -rearm and press the Enter to restart your PC.
9. The problem must be resolved after restarting the machine. If the message saying that your Windows license expires soon does not stop appearing, check out the next method!
Tip: Before that, be sure to check out our guide with free apps to record your PC screen.
Find your activation key
If you have more experience with a command prompt, you can try another solution to remove the persistent message. Check out the step by step below:
1. From your desktop, open the Start and write Command prompt;
2. Paste the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey;
3. You will receive your Windows key. Write it in your favorite notes application or in PC notebook.
4. Open the settings of Windows 10;
5. Access the menu Update and security;
6. Now, click Activation;
7. Go to Change Product Key;
8. Enter the product key you copied or noted;
9. click in Advance and the key must be activated and the message Your Windows license expires soon should stop appearing.
Does your Windows license expire soon still pops up?
If none of these methods worked for the message to stop appearing, there is not much to do but contact Microsoft's official support.
On the other hand, if you managed to get rid of the annoying message, it's time to have some fun! So check out our list of the best PC simulation games right now!