How to create class email? [Guia Completo]
If you are a small business owner, if you are the head of an industry, or if you are simply doing a large group job as a class, learning how to create an email for that group will help a lot in communications with external people.
Read on and find out exactly how to do this and start making your job easier!
1. What is Google Groups?
If you want to learn step by step to create an email for your class, it is very important that you know the platform that will be used for this, Google Groups. In this first section, we’ll cover just that!
It is a service created by google that allows people with common interests to discuss them in a group. The Groups service was initially launched in 2001.
It allows any of your users to freely access and conduct discussions both via the web interface and by email. There are two main types of discussion groups: the forums and the Usenet groups.
- Forums: This is what works more like an email list, being very useful and easy to use;
- Usenet: This modality is the Usenet groups, for which the Google Groups serves as an unofficial portal and archive, with posts that comes since 1981. Through the interface, users can read and post in Usenet groups.
In addition to these two modalities, registered users can also create email lists for lists hosted on other services and, even better, create email for class, workgroup and the like.
What can you do with it?
- Organized debates: With it, you can organize all your discussions and debates in one place, sorted by favorites and folders;
- Formatting: You can edit and format your text with different fonts, colors, images and more;
- Customization: It is possible to use photos, pseudonyms and even automatic translations to share ideas, making everything more personal;
- Simplicity: It has numerous shortcuts and a very simplified interface, so that you can navigate quickly and effectively from the moment you start using it;
- Compatibility: It is compatible, of course, with any of the best internet browsers. But, much more than that, with the optimized sites you can very well browse smartphones, whether they are Android or iPhone.
In addition, it is still possible to do many other things, such as creating a class email so that everyone in the group can receive at the same time, meet new people with similar tastes, organize meetings and events, create question and answer forums on any topic and much more!
Finally, a good thing to know about it is the existence of two versions: the free one for everyone and the one for organizations, the second being paid for and administered by one person.
2. How to use it to create class email?
With all of that in mind, let's now take a step-by-step approach so that you can create the email for your class to get better organized. There is a new version of Google Groups, but it does not allow this functionality, called Collaborative Inbox.
First, you need to create your group. To do this, follow the steps below:
- First, you will need to follow the link to the official Google Groups website. If you are not logged in, log in;
- If the new Google Groups is enabled, you must then return to the classic Google Groups;
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner of the screen and then “Back to the classic Google Groups”;
- Now that it is in the right version, to create it just click on the red button "Create group" in the left part of the screen and then you will need to write the necessary information, listed below
- Group's name: The name that your group will have;
- Group email address: What will the group's address be. That is, where the emails will arrive and leave;
- Group description: The description of the group, where you can say what it is about;
- Primary group language: All emails that come from Google to the inbox will be in that language;
- Group type: This is where you will be able to choose to create a class email by selecting from the menu “Collaboration inbox";
- Basic permissions: Finally, you decide on various permissions such as who can find the group, who can view your group's themes, who can post and who can participate;
- To complete, click on the red button "Create", complete the reCAPTCHA and click "Continue".
If you want to learn more about how to better use and configure your class email you just created, we recommend that you go to the Google help page, via the link.
Did you like our tips on how to create a class email?
Leave in the comments if you already knew Google Groups or if this tool was new to you, saying if you know any that you prefer. Don't forget to check out how to do team work on Google Drive and how Google Drive for business works!