How to disable automatic Wi-Fi connection on iPhone!
On almost any device, whether it's smartphone or notebook, when you connect to a Wi-Fi network, you'll automatically connect to it next time. However, sometimes we just want to be able to turn off automatic Wi-Fi connection on the iPhone.
This is relatively simple to do, although it's not as intuitive as it could be. Therefore, we are going to teach you in this guide a step by step how to do this. Read on to find out!
How do I disable automatic Wi-Fi connection on iPhone?
There are three main ways to do this. The first one works only on devices that are using iOS 11 or later, while the other two always work.
1. Disable the option Automatic Connection
As mentioned, you can only do this if you are on iOS 11 or later. That is, if you have an iPhone 5, 5C, or a 4th generation iPad (or earlier), it won't work.
The option of Automatic Connection is always automatically enabled whenever you connect to a new Wi-Fi network, and you can disable it individually. Follow the steps:
- First, open the Settings on your iPhone;
- Now go to WiFi and, if not enabled, enable;
- On this screen, you will see a small blue symbol with a i inside. Click it next to the Wi-Fi network for which you want to disable the Automatic Connection on the iPhone;
- Finally, just tap the option Automatic Connection to disable it. In other words, to connect to this network in the future, you will need to do it manually!
2. Don't connect to unknown networks
As convenient as public Wi-Fi networks can be, they're not necessarily the best thing in the world. Many are too slow, and many others are insecure as they may have hackers monitoring them to access your device.
So, disabling automatic connection to Wi-Fi from unknown networks on your iPhone is a great idea. To do this, just follow the steps below:
- First go to the Settings from your iPhone;
- Then go to WiFi;
- Navigate to menu Request Connection;
- Finally, you can choose Disabled to never connect to unknown networks, Notify to connect to them but receive a notification, or else To ask so that iPhone always asks you before connecting.
3. Forget this network
The last way is cruder and is only indicated if all else fails. Still, it works to disable automatic Wi-Fi connection on iPhone.
With this method, you're basically going to erase the credentials from the network, so if you want to connect to it in the future, you'll have to re-enter the password. Follow the steps:
- Again, go to Settings on your iPhone;
- then go to WiFi and select the desired network;
- Finally, tap the blue button for Forget This Network and confirm by touching the red button of To forget.
Did you like our guide on how to disable automatic Wi-Fi connection on iPhone?
Leave a comment with your opinion about our guide, saying if it was helpful to you. Also, don't forget to check out the tips to improve your WiFi signal!
Images by DepositPhotos!