How to Download YouTube Videos on iPhone!
YouTube uses a fairly large amount of data. In other words, downloading YouTube videos to watch later on your iPhone is a great idea to save your mobile data bundle.
And of course YouTube offers its Premium version that lets you watch anything without any advertisements and even download videos to watch whenever you want. However, this not only means that you have to pay, but you also have to watch the videos through the YouTube app.
In this guide, we'll teach you how to download whatever videos you want from YouTube and save them directly to your camera roll. Check out!
How to Download YouTube Videos on iPhone
Right! Now we're going to teach you the steps necessary to be able to download the videos you want from YouTube (and, in fact, almost any other online video platform) onto your iPhone, saving them to your camera roll.
The first step will be to install some file management app, since the iPhone default is not very good (and through it, you won't be able to put videos on the camera roll).
We recommend using the Readdle Documents. It is an entirely free file manager that has a native browser, which makes the process easier. Still, you can use other managers, but it's more boring to do.
With that done, follow the steps:
- Open the app from YouTube on your iPhone to download the videos;
- Then find the video you want to download and tap it;
- Now tap Share and then in copy link;
- Now that you've copied the link, it's time to go to the app you just downloaded;
- In it, you will see a small guide on how to use it, as well as an offer to upgrade to the premium version, which you can skip;
- Finally, within the app, tap the icon of the Safari in the lower right corner of your screen to open your native internet browser;
- Go to one of the sites to download YouTube videos, such as Y2Mate, as that's where you'll download it to your iPhone;
- In the bar in the middle of the screen, paste the link you copied. If you prefer, you can search for this bar, but it is less functional;
- With that, the website will generate the download link for you. You'll be able to choose among all the quality options that the original video has, besides being able to download only the sound;
- Choose the desired option and the download should start automatically. If it doesn't start, you can tap Download .mp4 For download;
- It will be possible to change the name of the file, as well as the folder in which it will be saved, and also whether you want the app to always ask you this or not. Okay, just wait for it to finish downloading and you'll have the YouTube video on your iPhone!
And how to transfer them to the camera roll?
Downloading the video was pretty easy, wasn't it? Then, moving them to the camera roll is even simpler, thanks to the app you downloaded! Just follow the steps:
- After the download is complete, return to the app's home screen by tapping the purple file icon in the left corner of the screen;
- Then open the folder from Transfers, which is on the home screen;
- There, you will see the video you downloaded. Tap on the three dots just below it and then on To move;
- on the screen of move to, touch Photos, under My files, to finish the process of downloading and moving YouTube videos on iPhone to Camera Roll;
- Access the app by tapping Allow Access to All Photos so that the app can work correctly;
- To complete, tap To move in the upper right corner of the screen. And… Okay, now the videos will be on the camera roll!
It's also worth mentioning how you can access the camera roll. And, as much as we're calling it that, it doesn't have that name anymore, it's called "Recent".
Just open the app from Photos, go to the albums, and then on Recent.
Did you like the guide on how to download YouTube videos on iPhone?
Leave a comment with your opinion about our article, saying if it was helpful to you and if we helped you download the videos.
Images by DepositPhotos.