How to install Google Play Store on Fire TV?
Fire TV is one of the best devices for streaming video, movies, and series to your non-smart TV. Superficially, it manages to turn a normal TV into a Smart TV! One of its biggest benefits over the competition is that you can install the Google Play Store on your Fire TV Stick.
If you are interested in this and want to have access to the Android app store in order to download Fire TV Stick apps, just keep reading our article. Here, we will talk about all the necessary steps to do this!
How to install?
Okay, I need to be honest with you… as much as it's possible to install the Google Play Store on Fire TV, the process has become so absurdly difficult due to some updates by Google that it's not really worth it.
After all, you might end up spending over an hour trying to install it only to have it not work! However, what you can do is install one of the best alternatives to the Google Play Store, Aptoide.
If you're used to installing apps from outside the Play Store, you've certainly heard about the site. It is one of the most popular, offering virtually every app you can find on the official Google store!
Of course, keep in mind that when using Aptoide to download apps, you might end up installing some malicious app. So, pay attention to what you are going to install to protect yourself!
Now, without further ado, let's take the necessary steps!
1. Activate Developer Settings
The first step to install the Google Play Store alternative on Fire TV is a very important one. When activating the Developer Settings, you will allow the necessary apps to work.
- 1. go to the settings on Fire TV and click My Fire TV;
- two. Select Developer Settings to allow installation of non-standard Fire TV Stick apps;
- 3. click in Applications from unknown sources is at ADB Debug, activating both. Ready!
2. Install Downloader
The next step is to install the downloader, an app to download files from the internet with ease. With it you will be able to download and install the alternative from the Google Play Store on Fire TV!
- 1. Go back to your Fire TV's home screen and click on the search icon;
- two. now type downloader in the search bar and select the result;
- 3. Select app downloader in this list and finally click on Download!
3. Install Aptoide TV!
Okay, with all that done, all that's left is to install Aptoide TV, the alternative from the Google Play Store, on your Fire TV Stick!
- two. click in To allow for the app to have access to your storage;
- 3. Now click on OK to continue;
- 4. Navigate to tab browser, in the left menu;
- 5. Click on the search bar and enter the following URL: – tv.aptoide.com – and click on go;
- 6. Scroll down and click Download Aptoide TV;
- 7. When the download is finished, click on Install to install Aptoide TV, the alternative to Google Play Store on Fire TV;
- 8. After installing, click Done is at delete to delete the installation file and free up storage space;
That's it! Now you will have Aptoide installed on your Fire TV and can download almost any app!
Did you like the guide?
Leave in the comments your opinion about our article, saying if we have answered your doubts and help you!
Images by DepositPhotos!