How to make sure your Windows 10 is activated!
If you're using a Windows computer, you may be wondering if your copy is genuine, and Microsoft's compliant. To do this, just make sure Windows 10 is activated!
With this, you will know if the version is really authentic or if you are using a pirated Windows 10. The process is quite simple, and for you to learn it, just check it out below!
How to make sure your Windows 10 is activated
In this guide, we'll talk about a few different methods by which you'll be able to find out if your copy of Windows is genuine or not. Let's mention a few commands, but don't worry: everything is really simple to run!
Using Windows Settings
In Windows 10, Microsoft made it even easier to find out if it's enabled or not. It takes nothing more than a few clicks!
- To get started, open the app from settings of Windows. This can be done in three ways: right-clicking the Windows button and clicking settings, using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I, or opening the Start menu and clicking on the gear;
- Now go to Update and Security;
- On this new screen, click on the button that says Activation on the side of the screen;
- In it, you will see the screen below. If your Windows 10 is activated, it will be written Windows is activated with a digital license;
Simple, isn't it?
If you want to be absolutely sure by checking in more than one place, you can also make sure Windows 10 is enabled by using commands that can be executed in a few different ways.
- Like Command prompt:
- First, you can run the command inside the Command prompt, which must be open as an administrator;
- Open the Windows Menu and type cmd. Right click and click Execute as administrator;
- Now type the following command: slmgr.vbs /dlv at the Command prompt and touch Enter;
- This will cause the following screen to open:
- Look for the section marked in the image. If your Windows 10 is activated, it will say License Status: Licensed;
- Like Run:
- It is also possible to use this exact same command through the program. Run Windows;
- For that, you can type Windows + R, or open the Windows Menu and type Run, opening the program;
- Then type the same command you typed in Command prompt to see if Windows 10 is enabled: slmgr.vbs /dlv and type Enter;
- The same screen will open.
- The last way is to check more directly. On Windows 10, you can use commands directly from the search bar;
- That is, simply paste the command into the Windows search bar and hit Enter. Ready!
Did you like our guide on how to see if Windows 10 is activated?
Leave a comment with your opinion about our guide, telling you if we help you verify the authenticity of your Windows. Also check out how to enable Windows 10 night mode and learn how to install Windows 11 before it ships!
Images by DepositPhotos.