How to share feed photos with friends on Instagram Web
One thing that many Instagram users go through is wanting to share photos from the feed with friends. However, it is possible that you do not know how to do this and that is exactly the purpose of this article: to teach you how!
Read on to not only solve your doubts about this but also find out a little about the platform's history!
1. What is Instagram?
Before we get to the part that interests you most, the guide on how to share the photos in the feed with your friends through the internet browser version of Instagram, we will show you exactly what this platform is, tell a little about your history and say how it works.
Instagram (often abbreviated as “IG”) is one of the largest social networks today, with the main focus on sharing photos and videos. It currently belongs to Facebook, but was initially created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and released in October 2010 exclusively for the iPhone.
In April 2012, its Android version was created and, at the end of the same year, its web version was also made available.
The platform allows users to upload media files that can then be edited with filters and organized with some of the most used hashtags on Instagram or with location information.
Posts can be published publicly or with pre-approved followers. Those who use the platform can explore other users' posts by searching for the desired hashtags and locations, in addition to seeing the high content, so they can then share the feed posts with friends.
In addition, you can like other users' posts and follow them to follow everything they post.
Originally, Instagram only allowed images and videos that were shaped like a square, or 1: 1, with 640 pixels to be perfect on the screen of iPhones of the time. In 2015, it was increased to 1080p.
Over time, many features have been added, such as the ability to add multiple photos and videos in a single post and “Stories”, which allows users to post in a sequential feed that can be viewed for only 24 hours, currently having more than 500 million users daily.
Soon after its launch it grew very quickly, with more than 1 million users in just 2 months and 10 million in a year, reaching 1 billion in May 2019.
In 2012, Facebook acquired the platform for approximately $ 1 billion.
There are many different features that Instagram users can use for their posts, they can follow others, search for images, put their profile in Private mode and much more. In this section, we will list all the main ones:
- Hashtags: The first of them, introduced in January 2011, are Hashtags, which allow users to not only discover new images that may interest them (and more easily share the photos in the feed with friends) but also mark their posts clear way;
- To explore: Since June 2012 users can use the Explore tab to see popular photos that were taken near you, to find interesting content with ease;
- Filters: Instagram has a large number of photographic filters that users can add to their images, always implementing new ones;
- Video: Initially, it only allowed photo sharing. However, starting in 2013, it allowed 15-second videos to be shared. In 2015, the limit was increased to 60 seconds and, in 2017, with Albums, it is possible to share up to 10 minutes of videos in a single post;
- IGTV: In 2018, Instagram launched IGTV, an app that allows vertical videos to be shared for up to 10 minutes (and verified users can share up to 60 minutes;
- Instagram Direct: This is the tool we will use to teach you how to share photos from the feed to your friends. It's basically the way that Instagram users have to send messages directly to each other, working very similarly to Facebook Messenger;
- Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories is the Instagram tool that allows users to take photos and make them available for only 24 hours. It is widely used for influencers to communicate with their followers on Instagram.
Tip: Check here which questions to ask on Instagram Stories to improve your engagement!
2. How to share photos from the feed with friends on Instagram Web?
With all this explained, we will then show you the step by step of how to send images to your friends without even leaving Instagram. Follow the steps below to find out:
1 – First, you need to go to the Instagram home page via the link;
2 – Then, in the upper right corner of the image you want to share, you will find a button represented by three dots. Click on it to open the following menu:
3 – Click on the "To share" and then click “Share on Direct”;
4 – Now, just search for the name of whoever wants to send the image and that's it!
Did you like our guide to share photos from the feed with friends on Instagram Web?
Leave it in the comments if you already knew this tip or if we helped you with that, also talking if you already knew the history of Instagram. Don't forget to check out our tips on how to organize your Instagram feed, how to gain followers on Instagram and our ideas for Instagram posts!