How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows!
If you have an iPhone but don't have a Mac, chances are you're having trouble trying to transfer the photos to your Windows computer. And that's honestly pretty understandable, as the process isn't intuitive at all, unfortunately.
In this article, we'll teach you the steps necessary to import photos from your iOS to your computer. If you want to find out more, check it out below!
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows?
There are two main ways for you to do this. The first, and the most recommended, is when using the Photos from Windows to import. The second one, which will also work well, is when using cloud storage services.
1. Using the Photo app
For starters, we'll teach you how to do this using the native Windows photo app.
- 1. First of all, connect your iPhone via a USB cable to your Windows;
- two. Open the Windows menu;
- 3. type it Photos and open the app;
- 4. If you are not already logged into your Microsoft account, you will need to login;
- 5. Now click on the button that says import in the upper right corner of the screen;
- 6. click in From a connected device to continue;
- 7. Wait for Windows to find the images from your iPhone (and other devices);
- 8. Select the items you want to import and tap Import x of y items to complete;
- 9. Now, just wait for the import to finish. It's worth mentioning that you can find the imported images and videos in the folder of Images from your computer.
2. Using cloud storage services
There are two main alternatives, iCloud and Google Photos. In this guide, we're just going to talk about Google Photos, as it's the easiest option to use and offers the most storage without having to pay anything.
- 1. First of all, you need to have Google Photos installed on your iPhone. If not, go to the App Store to install it;
- two. Now, you will need to enable backup of your iPhone images and videos;
- 3. To do this, tap your account icon within the app;
- 4. Then go to Google Photos Settings;
- 5. There, open the menu of Backup and Synchronization and, finally, enable by tapping the icon on the side;
- 6. With that done, all your photos and videos will automatically go to the storage service, allowing you to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows;
- 7. To access them later, just follow the link to the site in any of the best internet browsers;
- 8. On the website, you will be able to select the images you want to save;
- 9. To download, just click on the three dots menu in the upper right corner and click Download, or else use the keyboard shortcut Shift + D. Ready!
Did you like our guide on how to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows?
Leave a comment with your opinion about this guide, saying if it was helpful to you and if you were able to download everything! Also, don't forget to check out how to transfer files from Android to iPhone, how to take full page prints on iPhone, and how to add attachments to Notes!
Images by DepositPhotos!