How to use Clips to make Instagram stories
For those unfamiliar, Clips is an official video creation and editing application from Apple that can be used on iPhones and iPads. It has many interesting features and is perfect for anyone who wants something easy and fast to record videos and, especially, use Clips to make stories on Instagram.
Of course, for those who have never used it, the app may seem complicated at first. So we made a very complete guide on how you can use Clips to make stories and share them in a few steps. Check it all out below!
What is different about Clips?
With so many ways to record videos on your smartphone, you may be wondering what makes Clips so special. Well, its biggest differential is certainly its creative resources, something more than desired for those who want to use Clips to make stories.
As an app exclusive to Apple devices, it can also have many features that are only available on iPhones and iPads. Some of the main features can be seen below:
- Fast recording: its main function is also the simplest. To start a recording, simply press the red button at the bottom center of the screen. It is still possible to add videos and photos already existing in the timeline of your creation, making everything more dynamic
- Animations: with Clips, you can make a really cool use of Memoji and Animoji, Apple's animated emoji. By using them, you can transform into an owl, a dragon or an animated version of yourself.
- Voice to text: Using this app, you can easily add subtitles to videos. After all, the “Real Time Titles” function turns everything you say into animated captions and signs. Just speak while recording and with the function activated.
- Creative filters: one of photos and videos without filters would be strange, so it is clear that this function is present here. With them, you can add camcorder filters, retro stickers, colorful posters with animated backgrounds, realistic or stop-motion filters and more.
- Selfie Scenes: this is one of the coolest features of the app. With it, you can put yourself in the most diverse scenarios, whether abstract, realistic or straight from a famous film.
- Fast sharing: something very important for our tutorial today is also something easily accessible in Clips. The app has an integrated sharing button, where you can send videos by email, to social networks and more.
- Synchronization: finally, it is also worth mentioning that it is very easy to synchronize your Clips videos with iCloud. That is, everything you edit on one device will be available on the other. This way, you can start the project on the iPhone and finish it on the iPad without difficulty.
How to use Clips to make stories?
Now that we know more about the app, it's time to really use Clips to make stories for your Instagram. First of all, make sure you already have the app installed, otherwise just go to the link.
With that done, open the app on your iPhone or your iPad. Click the "Projects" button and "Create new" to start a new timeline.
You will have some options, such as “Scenes” (for selfies), “Camera (for recording videos),“ Photo Library ”(for viewing existing videos and photos), etc. Our recommendation is to experiment a little with each thing to get familiar with the app.
After all, it is you who know best what kind of stories you want to create using Clips. Whether with photo montage, videos, mixed filters or other content.
Just know that whatever is added to the timeline that appears at the bottom of the screen is what will become the video. To make new recordings just press the red button.
When finished, just click on the share button that we highlighted in the image above.
This will show you the various options on how you can share the video you created with Clips. Among the options, you'll find Instagram and, more precisely, the Stories function of the social network.
Click on it to start posting the video. If you prefer, you can also just open Instagram and select the new video from your gallery to post it on Stories.
Very simple to use Clips to make stories, isn't it? Even more with so many different and creative features,
Did you like the tips?
Did you take advantage of our tips to learn how to use Clips to make stories on your Instagram? So don't forget to leave your comment telling us what you think of the tips and if everything went well there.
If you are looking for video editors to use on PC or Mac, we recommend Movavi. He is one of the best editors and you can try it for free by accessing the link!