Memoji: everything you need to know about them!
If you use an iPhone, chances are you already know and use Memoji. In fact, even if you're a committed Android user, you've almost certainly heard about them.
In this article, we'll explain more in depth what this amazing tool developed by Apple is. Let's talk about their history, and above all, let's teach you how to use it in any app inside the iPhone (as long as it's on iOS 13 or later). Check out!
Right. First of all, let's talk briefly about their history, where and when they originated. In 2018, Memoji was added to iOS 12, being an expansion of the existing Animoji.
Then, in 2019, on iOS 13, Apple increased support for all devices that had an Apple A9 processor. These days, almost everyone who owns an iPhone already knows them and probably uses them!
What are Memoji?
In a very simple way, Memoji are Animoji, but personalized. They are Apple's version of Bitmoji or Samsung's AR Emoji.
They can look as you like. In other words, they can be just like you, they can have the skin color you want, the hair you want, and a large amount of accessories.
As you create them, you'll be able to see all the adjustments in real time, so you know exactly what the result will be.
How to create your own!
Okay. Now you know this tool, so let's teach you how to create them to use whenever and wherever you want!
How to Create a Memoji
The process is quite simple. Check out:
- 1. To get started, you'll need to open the default app from Messages on your iPhone;
- two. Now, start a new message (or go to an existing chat);
- 3. Then tap the icon for Memoji and Animoji;
- 4. Tap the button of + on the left side of the screen;
- 5. Now, all that is needed is to customize it in the background, being able to choose skin color, hair, hair color, and much more.
And how to manage them?
Right. Now you've managed to create your own Memoji. But, let's say you forgot a detail, want to change a feature, or even want to create a new one. Well that's simple:
- 1. Again, open the app from Messages on your iPhone and start or open a conversation;
- two. Now, tap the Memoji icon;
- 3. Tap the ellipses on the left;
- 4. There, you can create a New Memoji, To edit he, Duplicate he, or else the To switch off.
Where to use Memoji?
You now have a servant and want to learn how to use them, and where to use them. The easiest is to use them in the default app of Messages, just tap the icon referring to Memoji.
However, you might want to use them in other apps like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. Know that it's possible, even if it's not so intuitive. You will need to add the emoji keyboard to your iPhone:
- go to Settings;
- There, find the option General and touch it;
- Then tap Keyboard;
- at the top, go to Keyboards;
- tap Add New Keyboard;
- Scroll until you find emoji, in the language list, and tap it to add the option to use Emoji and Memoji in other apps!
Now, go to any messaging app that wants to send a Memoji. Then:
- Tap the globe or emoji icon in the lower left corner of the screen;
- Scroll right to find the Memoji;
- Choose what you want to use!
So, did you like our complete guide to the Memoji?
Leave a comment with your opinion about our article, telling you if we've helped you learn more about this tool. Also, don't forget to check out the best moving emoji apps for Android!