Touch ID not working in App Store: what to do?
No matter what the smartphone is or how good it is, if it is a technological device, it is subject to errors and bugs that can happen at any time. One that isn't talked about a lot is that Touch ID doesn't work on the App Store.
If you're going through this and can't install apps using Touch ID anymore, we're here to help. In this guide, we'll talk about some of the top solutions for this. Check out!
Touch ID does not work in the App Store: what to do?
If you are here, you want to know how to fix this problem. Below you will see several steps you can take, covering almost every possible solution for this. The first solution that we are going to suggest is the most effective one, which solved the problem I faced:
- To get started, open the app from Settings;
- Now navigate to the option Touch ID and Code and tap it to solve the problem that the digital doesn't work in the App Store;
- You will need to enter your smartphone code;
- Disable the four options, from Unlock iPhone, iTunes and App Store, Wallet and Apple Pay, and fill in password;
- Restart your iPhone and then go back to this menu. Enable the options (you will need to enter your Apple ID password);
- With that, the problem should have been fixed!
If the Touch ID that doesn't work in the App Store hasn't been fixed yet, you can also try the following:
- Go back to the screen of Touch ID and Code;
- Now, instead of disabling and restarting, delete all the fingerprints that are registered;
- Register them again and check the App Store if the Touch ID now works or if it doesn't.
If the problem is still there, you can try the suggestions below:
- One thing that's pretty simple is to make sure your iPhone is on the latest iOS version. To do this, just open the Settings, go to option General, and then tap the second option, that of Update of software. If it is not up to date, you will see the option to update;
- Next, make sure both your data and Touch ID are clean and dry. Keep in mind that your finger is wet, you have creamed your hands, or even a burn can prevent the Touch ID from working;
- If that didn't work, see if your finger is covering the Touch ID button completely. You cannot also squeeze too hard or move your finger while the sensor scans it;
- If you are using a hood or screen protector, make sure the sensor is not partially covered.
Now, if after all these steps your Touch ID still doesn't work in the App Store, there's no way: you have to take it to an Apple authorized technical support or at least contact the company to try to fix it!
Did you like our guide?
So, did you manage to fix the error where your fingerprint just doesn't work in the app store? Leave a comment with your opinion about the article, saying if we were able to help you or not. Check out the most common iPhone 11 issues, too!